EVO: RAIL HYPER-CONVERGED INFRASTRUCTURE APPLIANCE
Supermicro's EVO: RAIL appliance is a complete Hyper-converged Infrastructure Appliance. It combines compute, networking and storage resources into a single 2U, 4-node form factor to create a simple, easy-to-deploy building block for the Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC).
- Supermicro's EVO: RAIL appliance starts with four independent hosts and a distributed datastore, implemented on the 2U TwinPro2 SuperServer.
- Fault tolerance, reliability and automatic scale-out are key features implemented though VMware software technologies and Supermicro hardware designs.
- EVO: RAIL Deployment, Configuration, and Management enables power-on to VM creation in minutes, easy VM deployment and non-disruptive upgrade.
- Supermicro's EVO: RAIL appliance embraces latest compute, storage and networking technologies, with leading VMware certified components for peace-of-mind implementation.
- Supermicro's EVO: RAIL appliance is ordered via a single SKU and backed by Supermicro Global Service as a single point of contact for hardware and software support.
Supermicro's 2U TwinPro2™ SuperServer, is the foundation to implement for EVO: RAIL hyper-converged infrastructure. This scale-out solution features an optimal balance of compute, memory, storage and networking in a high-density 4-node, dual processor server appliance, simplifying virtualization across Enterprise, private/hybrid-Cloud, End-user computing and branch office environments.
2U 4-node TwinPro architecture supporting maximized CPU, memory, SSD, NVMe and 10GbE NIC ports offers the industry's highest density, exactly optimized solution for VMware's hyper-converged infrastructure appliance. With Supermicro's Green Computing technologies, customers will benefit not only from the system specification and performance, but also from advanced thermal design and energy efficient technologies such as our Titanium level high-efficiency (96%) power supply, increasing their overall performance per watt, per dollar, per square foot.
2U TwinPro2, 4 Nodes
• 2U TwinPro2, 4 Dual Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v3 family processor nodes
• Redundant Hot-swap Titanium Level, High Efficiency (96%) Digital Power Supplies
• 14.4TB raw capacity with 10K RPM drives and built in caching with SSD
• RJ45 (VRL001 model) or SFP+ (VRL002 model) networking connectivity
• Features EVO: RAIL Deployment, Configuration, and Management
• Software Bundle includes vSphere, Virtual SAN and vCenter components
• Supports up to 100 general purpose server virtual machines or 250 virtual desktop
machines per appliance
• 2U TwinPro architecture features Haswell - the next generation processor and advanced I/O
technologies to maximize performance and number of virtual machines
• Virtual Machine Profile: 2 vCPU, 4GB Memory, 60GB Virtual Disk
• Virtual Desktop Profile: 2 vCPU, 2GB Memory, 32GB Virtual Disk Linked Clones